Monday, July 11, 2011

Traveling zoo

We have been busy lately. We drove to Salt Lake City with most of Adams family.We did lots of fun things. We went to the Discovery children's center and mall, Dax loved this place as he could do what ever he wanted and touch everything. We also went to snowbird, its a ski resort that in the summer does lots of fun things too. We made it for the last skiing weekend. It had a lot of fun things for the older kids, and a really good restaurant. Then we went to thanksgiving point to the dinosaur exhibit. Malac loved everything here but the  3d movie about Sue the T-REX.  Then on Sunday we went to temple square. It felt a million degrees outside, but all the sights were so lovely. Then Monday we took Adams parents to the MTC. Afterwards we did some really fun stuff they missed out on. We had Sub Zero ice cream its ice cream made fresh, from scratch, then frozen right in front of you with liquid nitrogen. AWESOME, and great for kids who are really into science. I recommend the banana ice cream, although Adam's MT DEW was pretty good too. Then the girls went to temple square and got charms and I also got missionary action figures, which i have to say are totally sexist. no girl missionariess or old people missionaries. Afterwards we went to Cherry Hill a water park. Dax hates the water so it was a real fun stop. Malac had fun though. And then we ended the day putting of fireworks to make all our guys happy. there were so many other people putting off fireworks we had our own show from every angle.
        Now we are home, it is mostly quite between the tantrums Malac has started to throw. Lots of unpacking to do to. I wish I knew what the future held, then I could know how much to unpack, and if were going to a similar sized house or smaller or what. I hate not knowing. But I am enjoying what I have while I have it. Adam is heading up to Seattle latter this week for more training. The boys melted down in church on Sunday so I didn't really get to meet anyone, hopefully we will do better next week. We miss our friends and our family but we have faith that we will make friends soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading this!
    Hang in there! Won't be long and it will feel like home. We'll be in Ephrata next week (Mon-Wed)...let's get together a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good trip. It was hard to come home. And Truxton has been crazy with bad behavior ever since. Ugh.

    Hoping someone way cool will befriend you! One friend can make the whole difference.

    ReplyDelete