Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Welcome home-sorta

606 Hilltop Ave NE
Well here are some pictures of our new home. It is a 5 bedroom 3 bath home. We are all moved in and really enjoying the home and getting to know the area. We moved to Quincy WA. It is a REALLY small town in central WA. It has the cheapest power in the nation so a few large companies have built their data centers here so they can get cheap power. Adam will work for a company who rents out their employees out to the data centers to fix things. When we were first looking at moving up we were looking at Wenatchee, it is a half hour away and much larger-it has a Costco and a target as compared to my one grocery store-but in being larger it is also more expensive to live there. We were struggling to find some were with 2 bedrooms that was affordable, so one day a suggestion was made to look in Quincy so we did. It turns out that people were so excited that the data centers were coming to Quincy builders went Hog Wild and built tons of homes for all the executives and others who would come work from Quincy. Unfortunately for them no executives came only the little people- and not many of them- and the few people they outsourced jobs to. So there are lots of empty homes waiting for owners. In fact one street you drive down, it has huge amazing homes on the one side fully occupied, on the other, just shells of homes that were never finished. Its crazy. I also find it crazy with so many homes for sale in the area that many are still priced so high, no one wants to loose any money, but no one wants to buy as they would never be able to sell unless they practical paid someone to buy it. I wouldn't buy here unless I got a deal. So if I hadn't said so already, we are currently renting, figuring out if we like the area, the home, the city, etc. If we decide to, we could later move to wenatchee. Unfortunately for me the home is so large, I don't know if I am going to be able to down size! :) ha ha.  So far we like the area, lots of farms and interesting people. The boys fit in with their overalls and love for tractors and trucks.  What the future brings only time will tell. After packing and moving so many boxes I'd rather buy then move again, but who knows!606 Hilltop Ave NE

1 comment: