Sunday, August 9, 2009

B 17

B 17 no it's not a call out for bingo, it's an airplane. I am sure Adam will let me know if i screw up on any information but I write the blog not him so here goes....

This past week a B 17 bomber flew into the Yakima airport. I heard and suggest we all went. I was a little excited because I remember the many stories of George taking Adam when he was little, and when Adam was older putting model airplanes together, with his dad. I felt as I am sure Adam did that it was important and would be really cool if Adam could repeat these same things with his son. So the big night finely rolled around, and I was SICK. I decided I didn't feel up to going and encouraged Adam to go anyway. He did go and he took his dad with him. I wish I could have gotten a 3 generation picture, but thankfully I did get lots of pictures that Adam took.

As you can probably see from the pictures, it was a good thing I didn't go, I wouldn't have fit with my big belly. But as you can also see, Malac enjoyed it very much. He loves airplanes, and is unfortunately finding a love for guns, so this was right up his ally. He loved being able to see it all up close and touch it all. He came home and gave me a full report, I didn't understand it all but Adam did a great job of translating Malac talk to airplane talk. I'm so glad the boys had an opportunity to take time out of there busy day and go spend time together, and hope this will continue to be a family tradition.

P.S. The only down side to the b17 coming to town was that it made Adam and I crave a really good breakfast. Nichole & Greg used to live right near a restaurant with a b 17 out front, named the Bomber, Adam and I miss eating there. Adam introduced me around the time of Nicholas's birth, and it is worth a visit, the food is great.





















1 comment:

  1. Next time you come down we could take a trip in for a Bomber breakfast!

    ReplyDelete