Friday, May 6, 2011

Must be imagining ...

Over the years since Malac was born we have been blessed with many toys, and books from older cousins, family and friends. As one might expect each child finds a toy they really love. Malac used to like just "cars, and Tractors" when he was little but that has grown and evolved into a fetish with Imaginext toys. Adam and I really like them too, and of course Dax does. We think the people who made these toys really thought it all out. They have branched out into several imaginary lands, from dinosaurs to space men and heros'.  They are a toy that really grows with the child, and are sturdy enough to do so. You may be wondering why I am posting about my boys toys, well, we recently acquired a few more pieces.... I thought it was a funny story and had to share.
 As you may well know I don't buy toys that aren't a clearance or a good sale unless I have a really good reason, like, it NEVER does. These toys do and in fact all but the ambulance that Malac bought with his own money were clearance. So any how I was in Target with Malac yesterday and I promised if he was good we would walk down the toy isle. We noticed that some of the imaginext toys he had been wanting were on a great clearance. So I snuck one under the cart while he played with one in the cart, thinking I would show them to Adam and he could help decide witch one was cooler for a birthday or for him to earn or what ever and I would bring the other back. So Adam was sick and we were getting him some stuff, as we were putting the items on the conveyor belt Malac looks at me with puppy eyes (acting fine the whole time before) and yaks green tummy juice up. I was startled for a second and the young gentlemen checking me out just stared with his mouth open. I calmly asked for a bag in case he yakked again, apparently I asked too calmly so I started to get one my  self he finely caught up with me and handed me one as Malac started yakking again, fortunately the bag and the toy under the cart caught almost all of it. The guys still staring with his mouth open asked if he could help, with a look of terror on his face. I calmly told him"I just need you to quickly check me out," and began to tell him what I had multiples of in the cart that had been yakked on. He didn't get it. Then a girl who worked there came up and calmly started to help and told the guy to get a mop. She got another cart, and understood what I needed, to pay for my stuff and get out fast. Malac got wiped up and we got out. Unfortunately for the toys they were covered in chunks so fortunately for the boys they got to keep them both and after a good bath they even got to play with them, with out having to earn them. So now our collection is getting ridiculously large, but at least they boys play with them for hours on end so it makes up for just giving it to them in the end. But I'm just not sure any thing makes up for the feeling bad mommy- pain and icky ness you feel for your poor child yakking in the middle of Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment