Monday, September 21, 2009

My little Menace


Some times after leaving church ( and other days as well), I feel like the mother of a sweet little Dennis the Menace. For example, a few Sundays ago Malac figured out his newly wed nursery teachers are quite the push overs. He doesn't get to say "NO" when it doesn't apply, like when mommy asks him to do something, and he figured out he could say no to his teaches, then when his teacher asked him to do something and tried to help him do it, he bit her. But his latest trick really gets me. You can't help but laugh and shake you head at the same time...... This past Sunday, Malac, who has a friend in nursery, who happens to be the primary presidents' son, Payton were playing together as usual. I had to go in while his leader stepped out for a minute. Our nursery has a pink shopping cart, Payton was sitting in the cart, while Malac was running as fast as he could around the gym causing quite the chaos. One of his leaders commented that the two boys made quite the "A" team, I said that the name didn't fit, he thought about it and came up with the "destruction team" I said it fit. Later, about 5 minutes before church ended here came the primary president carrying Malac to me. He was in trouble. Apparently he and Payton refused to participate in singing time by rolling each other up the area rug carpets and then jumping off the table onto the other. On top of this when the leaders tried to stop this Malac went into attack mode hitting and attempting to bite(thankfuly not successful). My guess is Malac being the biggest kid in nursery did all the jumping onto the slightly smaller Payton...go ahead laugh I did when Malac wasn't looking..... Watching Malac in nursery is an experience, he is definitely a leader, not a follower. Now if I could just channel all those "leadership skills" into something a little more positive, before he becomes an even bigger Menace.
(as a side note no matter how big the menace, I sill love him and wouldn't change him for anything, besides he reminds me of Both Adam and I, I guess it all proves he's ours!)

1 comment:

  1. He does mostly hang out with older cousins, could be he has some examples?

    ReplyDelete